Western Caucus Introduces Barrage of Bills to Block Job-Killing Obama Regulations
January 30, 2017: WASHINGTON, D.C. – This week, Chairman Paul A. Gosar D.D.S. (AZ-04) and members of the Congressional Western Caucus will introduce 10 bills to overturn several last minute regulations from the Obama Administration utilizing the Congressional Review Act (CRA). The CRA utilizes an expedited legislative process that requires a simple majority in both the House and Senate as well as a signature by the President in order to nullify an entire regulation.
The following bills will be introduced in the coming days:
1. CRA bill that blocks the Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Venting and Flaring Rule by Natural Resources Committee Chairman Rob Bishop (UT-01).
2. CRA bill that blocks the Office of Surface Mining’s (OSM) Stream Protection Rule (SPR) by Reps. David B. McKinley P.E. (WV-01), Bill Johnson (OH-06) and Evan Jenkins (WV-03).
3. CRA bill that blocks the BLM’s Planning 2.0 Rule by Rep. Liz Cheney (WY-At Large).
4. CRA bill that blocks the US Fish and Wildlife Service’s (FWS) Oil and Gas Refuge Rule by Rep. Kevin Cramer (ND-At Large).
5. CRA bill that blocks the BLM’s Onshore Order 3 Rule by Chairman Emeritus Rep. Steve Pearce (NM-02).
6. CRA bill that blocks the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Accidental Release Prevention Requirements: Risk Management Programs under the Clean Air Act Rule (RMP rule) by Rep. Markwayne Mullin (OK-02).
7. CRA bill that blocks the FWS Compensatory Mitigation Policy by Rep. Dan Newhouse (WA-04).
8. CRA bill that blocks the Arctic Drilling Rule by Rep. Don Young (AK-At Large).
9. CRA bill that blocks the ONRR’s Amendment to Civil Penalty Regulations by Rep. Chris Stewart (UT-02).
10. CRA bill that blocks the National Park Service’s (NPS) Oil and Gas Rule by Chairman Paul A. Gosar D.D.S and Rep. Diane Black (TN-06).
A full list of endorsements can be found HERE.
“After eight years of issuing onerous, costly and questionably constitutional rules, the other shoe is about to drop on the Obama Administration’s legacy of gross executive overreach. I am proud to work with my colleagues in the Western Caucus and other members across the nation to present a united front against the arrogance of top-down mandates burdening each and every district in the United States. Our work is cut out for us, but I am confident that Congress will work swiftly and determinedly with President Trump and his administration to roll back burdensome regulations and red tape inherited from the previous administration,” said Chairman Gosar.