HR 5717 – Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020
If you’re a gun owner, you literally need to drop everything you’re doing right now and oppose this bill. HR 5717 is the worst anti-gun legislation that HFC has ever seen. It could end gun rights in totality within a generation. In 2016 the fight was against anti-gun legislation in California and dubbed as “Gunpocalypse.”
And now Rep. Hank Johnson has introduced a bill that rolls up all of Gunpocalypse – and more – into one federal bill.
HR 5717 would:
- Create a nationwide gun registry
- Ban almost all semiautomatic rifles
- Institute a federal Magazine Ban
- Implement national “Red Flag” gun confiscation
- Tax guns at 30% and ammo at 50%
- Ban patriots under 21 from exercising their Second Amendment rights
- Ration guns by making it illegal to purchase more than one firearm in a 30-day period
- Force “Safe Storage” requirements on gun owners
- Ban home builds
- Ban suppressors
- Force FFLs to spend massive amounts of money to comply with new “security” requirements
- Expand “Gun Free Zones”
- And more than we can possibly list here in this space
HR 5717 is so sweeping and all-encompassing that it is literally an ENCYCLOPEDIA of gun control! Think of every anti-gun measure you’ve ever seen proposed at the State or Federal level, and chances are it’s here.
But that’s not even the most chilling part. Because HR 5717 would require gun owners to obtain a permit from the Government to purchase guns and ammo. And in order to obtain this “permit,” gun owners would be required to submit to a live-fire exercise. Are you seeing the problem with this requirement?
How can a first-time gun owner submit to a live-fire exercise if they don’t have a firearm to use? The answer is: they can’t. The Government isn’t going to provide guns and live ammo to first-time gun buyers. So the only way new gun owners can comply with this legislation is to conduct a live-fire demonstration with a gun they don’t have because the Government won’t let them buy it.
As written, HR 5717 would END the Second Amendment within a generation. We are totally flabbergasted by how scary this bill is. But that’s not even the most insulting part. Indeed, in the midst of a national emergency, congress has introduced the most overreaching gun control bill this session… possibly ever.
This bill would CRUSH individual freedom and immediately subjugate all gun owning patriots to the Federal Government.