S.1594 is a one-stop-shop for ending Biden’s attack on American Energy.
Rep. Boebert is planning to introduce the Protecting American Energy Jobs Act. Current deadline for original cosponsors and external groups adding support is tomorrow (2/4) at 5pm Eastern.
Lauren Opal Boebert is an American politician, businesswoman, and gun-rights activist serving as the U.S. Representative for Colorado’s 3rd congressional district since 2021. Boebert owns Shooters Grill, a restaurant in Rifle, Colorado, where staff members are encouraged to openly carry firearms.
The bill is a one-stop-shop for ending Biden’s attack on American Energy.
Original cosponsors so far include: Paul Gosar, Dan Newhouse, Scott Perry and Randy Weber. We are just starting an aggressive push for support now so this will grow.
Specific provisions in the bill:
• Nullifies Biden’s job-killing energy executive actions by repealing Executive Order 13990, Executive Order 14008, and Secretarial Order 3395;
• Prohibits future unilateral energy and mineral moratoriums by presidents on federal lands and in federal waters and requires Congressional approval for actions that prohibit or delay leases and permits for oil and gas, coal, hard rock and critical minerals (Provision from the POWER Act);
• Prohibits future unilateral withdrawals of federal lands and federal waters without Congressional approval (Provision from the POWER Act); and
• Strikes Section 12(a) authority to prevent presidents from arbitrarily implementing offshore energy moratoriums for political reasons (Congress can still make withdrawals).
Other actions that result from the provisions in the bill:
• Nullifies the indefinite ban for new oil and gas leasing on federal lands and in federal waters;
• Nullifies the 60-day moratorium on new mining plans as well as new oil and gas leasing and drilling on federal lands and in federal waters;
• Nullifies the revocation of the Presidential permit for the Keystone XL pipeline;
• Nullifies the moratorium on all oil and natural gas leasing activities in Section 1002 of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge;